After Jeti Studio got released there’s been postings on forums and confusion on what devices can be updated. So, I took my quest to find out.
Jeti Studio is released for Windows, Linux and Mac OS, get yours here.
Where did I get the info?
The way Jeti Studio works is that it goes to Jetimodel website and check for available updates. I looked what it goes after and it turned out to be a SQLite database, and simply read that information. Pretty easy actually.
Finally, here’s a definite list of devices that Jeti Studio can update (List is based on information 15. october 2016)
- TX1, TX1G (Transmitter modules?)
- EXP2, EXP4
- MVARIO, MVARIO2
- MRPM1, MRPM2, MRPM3
- MUI (MUI30, 50, 75, 150, 200)
- MSWITCH100, MSWITCH200
- MSPEED1, MSPEED2
- MBECD2D, MBECD2DP
- MFlowT, MFlowG
Receivers – R-series
- R3, R3U, R4, R4C, R4U – (Standard Firmware)
- R5, R5P, R5U, R6, R6F, R6G, R6P, R6U – (Standard Firmware)
- R7, R7M, R7P, R7U, R8, R8_5 – (Standard Firmware)
- R9, R10, R11, R11U, R12 – (Standard Firmware)
- R14, R14_3, R14U, R18, R18_3, R18U – (Standard Firmware)
- RSat, RSat2 – (Standard Firmware)
- RxPPM1, RxPPM2 – (Standard Firmware)
- CB100, CB200, CB400 – (Standard Firmware)
- RSat, RSat2 – (UDI16 Firmware)
- RxPPM1, RxPPM2 – (UDI16 Firmware)
- R3U – (UDI16 Firmware)
Receivers – REX-series
- REX3, REX3U
- REX3_900, REX3_900U
- REX6, REX6U
- REX7, REX7U
- REX10, REX10U
- REX12, REX12U
With all different language-versions there’s in total 223 update-files available at the moment. Everything in one place and without any extra downloads. Gotta admit, this is made very easy to us users. Kudos to Jetimodel :)
Testing some devices
Just for the fun of it I tested if some devices can be updated. So I started Jeti Studio and updated following devices:
Updates themselves were totally ok. One thing I did notice was that most often the updater did not recognize a new device after one was updated. This minor thing is quickly resolved by closing updater and then re-opening it.
ALWAYS make sure to check settings and function after updating anything. You do know that, don’t you?
Now, go out and fly something :)