This is pretty self-explanatory, creates latching function of any momentary switch.
- Possibility to configure 5 switches
- Has a monitor screen for easy testing
- Activate momentary switch -> latching switch goes ON
- Activate momentary switch again -> latching switch goes OFF
- All switches created by application are OFF on initialization of model
There is one important thing to remember, the momentary switch is allowed to be ON for max. 2 seconds. Any longer than that makes the latching switch return to its previous state. Leaving the momentary switch ON for a long period results in application switch jumping between states every two seconds.
In short: Copy the .lc (or .lua, the .lc is memory-optimized) file from github here to your transmitters Apps-folder, if there is a translation file copy the .jsn file to Apps/Lang-folder on your transmitter. Head on to “Applications” -> “User applications” and add the app. Guide on installation of Lua-apps available here if you need some more in-depth guide.
Setting up and using “Momentary To Latching”
This is easy to use. Open from menu “Application” -> “Mopmentary to Latching” and from the applications “Momentary To Latching”-screen set switches as you would normally do:
To the left of your switch is the status display of corresponding latching function:
In the picture above we can see the latching switch 1 being active even when selected switch Sf is not. Activating Sf again will return the latching switch 1 to OFF.
This application is perfect for those voice command switches, after giving a voice command the voice switches are active only for a small moment, they are not latching. This gives you more possibilities to use them.
After setting the desired amount of momentary to latching switches up you can use them where ever you would use switches:
That was so easy!
- 1.0 Original version
- 1.1 Housekeeping, moved to “one app”
- 1.2 Loop-fix of switch 5
- 1.3 Removed from “one app” to own application, added comments
- 1.4 Added multi-language, languages available EN, DE
- 1.5 Fixed: Error when used together with all other apps
- 1.6 Code cleaned – Small performance boost
- 1.7 Memory improvements
- 1.8 Added DC/DS-14/16 compatibility – Tested on DS-16
Some rules do of course apply!
- Never use LUA to control a function that would take the model down if misbehaving!
- Always, always test the function thoroughly!
- If you do not know, then don’t!
- RC-Thoughts or myself is NOT responsible for anything this application does
- Applications are free to use (MIT-license) and linking to this page is encouraged!