Smallest Lua-app so far :) User on a forum needed a way to get current time announced since he could not look at the screen when flying. Jeti does not do this so I made a tiny app for the user to enjoy flying without stress of the time.
Really simple as you can see.
- Speaks current time when switch is activated
Available for DC/DS-14/16/24, requires firmware 4.22 or higher. App does not run with older firmware.
In short: Copy the .lc (or .lua, the .lc is memory-optimized) file from github here to your transmitters Apps-folder, if there is a translation file copy the .jsn file to Apps/Lang-folder on your transmitter. Head on to “Applications” -> “User applications” and add the app. Guide on installation of Lua-apps available here if you need some more in-depth guide.
Setting up and usage of TimeSpeaker
Settings are so simple something can be. Define a switch and you’re done.
Usage is also from the simpler side. When switch is activated transmitter first announces hours as number and then minutes as number. For example 22:06 would be “twenty-two six”. If your a morning-person 08:15 would be announced as “eight fifteen”.
If you leave the switch on time will be announced every 10 seconds.
- 1.0 Release version
Some rules do of course apply!
- Never use Lua to control a function that would take the model down if misbehaving!
- Always, always test the function thoroughly!
- If you do not know, then don’t!
- RC-Thoughts or myself is NOT responsible for anything this application does
- Applications are free to use (MIT-license) and linking to this page is encouraged!