There’s been a buzz about DS-24 for a long time now and there’s always been the question “what will be changed” in everyone’s lips. Well, now we know at least something with the release of Jetimodel Catalog 2016 (DE only). Here goes some confirmed information.
Changes between DS-16 and DS-24
We do have to keep one thing in mind. DC-24 is about ready, DS-24 will be available with present knowledge in Q3/Q4 of 2016 so something might still change.
If we go through the specifications we can find following:
- 24 proportional channels (Well, DS-16 got these with FW 4.00 but anyway)
- 900MHz system, (863 – 879MHz in EU) added redundancy on a totally different frequency
- 30 free mixes (DS-16 has 20)
- Audio player now support’s Mp3-files
- Microphone to record own audio-files
- Vibrating sticks (“Haptic feedback”)
- Possibility to have background-picture of (for example) the model (Yes, catwalk-models do apply too!)
- 24 logical switches (DS-16 has 16)
- 24 direct inputs (DS-16 has 16)
- 16 telemetry devices (DS-16 has 8) Note: This means units, not values!
- 40 sounds on events (DS-16 has 20)
- 64 telemetry values shown on display (DS-16 has 32)
- 8Gb SD-card from factory (DS-16 has 4Gb)
There are some other minor differences. The screen is 320x240px in both DS-16 and DS-24 but in the DS-24 it is 3,5″ when it was 3,8″ in DS-16. The difference will almost be unnoticed by most of us, we just see it as “more precise” sense DPI will be little bit higher.
Since there are 3 transmitter-modules there will be five antennas, 2+2 for 2,4GHz and 1 for 900MHz. The battery is the 5200mAh Li-Ion we all know already, in my experience this is more than plenty. Of course the color-display will take a bit more power but I really do not see this as any issue whatsoever.
Measurements and form-factor is exactly the same, also the weight stays at the same 1,25kg.
Why trade to DS/DC-24?
Well, if you’re happy and you do not use your transmitter’s programmable options to limit’s or do not need the FM-radio, feedback-sticks etc, then there is no point to make the swap. According earlier email-correspondence there will not be any trade-up program from Jetimodel’s part so that is also one thing to think about.
Will I myself do the trade?
Yes, absolutely. There are issues with my DS-16, for example I need (ok, I want…) more logical switches. Also one thing I’m very curios about is to bind the feedback-sticks to FBL-gyro’s vibration value, that might be something useful, we’ll see.
Source for this post
Jeti Catalog 2016 available here.