I would be happy if people would test RC-Thoughts Firmware Uploader in various computers.
- 32-bit software, runs in 32/64-bit Windows
- Uses avrdude for the actual upload
- Minimal hazzle with settings
- Indicates successful or failed upload
Comparison to XLoader
- More reliable status of upload-process
- Always shows correctly successful / failed upload
- Faster timeout in case of failed upload
- Works with 3.3V 8Mhz and 5V 16Mhz Arduino Pro Mini’s without settings-changes
Main difference to XLoader is that often XLoader does not update the status-strip. Also XLoader does not monitor the avrdude-process so user needs to open taskmanager and kill it.
RC-Thoughts Firmware Uploader tries to make sure avrdude-process is not left to hang. Also there is no need to close/reload the app in case of missed upload.
Timing of pressing “Upload” and pressing Arduino’s reset-button is as critical as before, this has to do with avrdude. You’ll get really consistent result if you first press the upload-button and then quickly with same hand press the reset-button on the Arduino. As with any other avrdude-uploader, you’ll just have to learn it.
From the zip-package HERE. (v.1.0) – UPDATED, please look here.
Extract zip-package and run RC-FW_Uploader.exe. The folder “Extras” has two Arduino Blink-files to test with. If you do not see correct serial-port you can re-scan port’s with the “Scan”-button.
If you have any issues please notify me via contact-page here.