Since nice postal-lady finally gave me the El Cheapo GPS-module I had to play with it for a day :)
RC-Thoughts GPS-Sensor is soon here!
Here’s some screenshots:
Looking pretty nice so far.
RC-Thoughts GPS-Sensor features
I wanted some extra-features apart from the usual position , speed and altitude so here’s where we are at the moment:
- User can select between US and EU units (km/h, meter vs mph, feet)
- Distance to model
- Model heading (“What way is the model going?”)
- Model course (“What way is the model from start-point?”)
- Setting home-position automatically
- Setting altitude to zero at home-position automatically
If you have any ideas on what you need just let me know here!
4 thoughts on “GPS – New DIY sensor on the way!”
I was wondering the same – when you first mentioned the idea I took a chance on a likely sensor so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to have a go as soon as the details are published!
Is there a way to incorporate a facility to mark a point with a switch press so that you could record where a particular point in a flight occurred?
Not to sensor itself, we mortals without access to the extended version of Jeti Telemetry protocol aren't allowed to send anything to sensor. (Outside Jetibox that is).
But, you can use Jeti to log your switch and then look into log-file for that change.