Well, it took one week’s all free time and big parts of some nights too. Hardware arrived after some ebay-shopping on last friday and was assembled and tested in about one hour, thanks to excellent guide from AlastairC in Helifreak here.
The code for the RC-Thoughts Jeti-Tools RFID-Battery application was a monster. Result is about three times bigger app than any other I’ve done. I had to learn some new programming-ways but it’s all just for the good, I learned a lot, again :)
Application is truly feature-rich:
- One app to all models, up to 15 batteries per model
- Automatic battery identification based on ID-number from RFID-tag
- RFID-info is ID, Capacity (mAh), Cycle-count and Cell-count
- Automatic detection of 2-pack config (For example two 7S in 14S use)
- Automatic detection of empty battery when powering model
- Empty battery on powering -alarm has repeatable and user selectable voice-alert
- Used capacity alarm has repeatable and user selectable voice-alert
- Several different telemetry screens available based on available information
- Warning and info-screen on main screen
- Minimal setting required
- Allows usage of batteries with any voltage, capacity in one model without doing several overlapping telemetry-warnings etc
- All settings are model-specific
And for the first time with Jeti, true battery-information logging!
- A new line is added to logfile after every successful cycle
- Data includes date/time, Model name, battery name, battery capacity, used capacity and cycle-count
- Log is written in comma delimited csv-format with date and time in ISO 8601 format for perfect platform-independent compatibility
- Log is common for all models collecting all batteries usage to one file
Don’t worry, will come online very soon!
Go and check the application out here!