Sometimes it’s just not right to have for example blue EC5’s, You wan’t for example black instead.
After getting a small bag of Nitor-dye (or iDye, Rit Dye or Dylon, method is pretty much the same) do as follows:
- Put approx. two liters of water to a pan with 7-8 tablespoons of salt.
- Heat the water to 75-80 degrees celsius. (Approx. 170 fahrenheit)
- Mix the dye (whole bag!) to water, mix well.
- Put parts into pan, careful not to put them in the bottom, use some separator.
- Move parts in the mix so there’s no air-bubbles anywhere
- The longer time in the pan, the deeper color. Bigger color-variations need longer time. (Time can be up to hours depending on material, color and dye.)
- Take out the parts, rinse under running water, let parts dry.
- Different parts react to heated water differently. Test first!
- The mixed water with dye is HARD to get off different surfaces, so NOT splatter around kitchen…
Picture of my charger-case with custom (and dye’d) balance-board and dye’d EC3’s and EC5’s.